Guides and Articles relating to Useful Information

Ana Sayfa | Yaz?lar? takip   et | Yorumlar?   et

Archive

Mini Cook Books

Mini Cookbooks Provide Life Preserver To Busy Moms

As a mother of four, including two teenage boys, cooking for a crowd is something I do nightly. In order to feed my family of six, I have to prepare enough food for a group of ten. Now, it isn’t always easy to come up with creative culinary delights from a mental cookbook for a crowd this size every day of the week.

After working eight hours, it wasn’t always easy to immediately come up with a tasty meal idea my family would enjoy. A few years ago I found a way to ease the burden of the “what’s for dinner, Mom” blues. I purchased a 5” X 8” cookbook that fits inside my purse or monthly planner, it specialized in meals that can be prepared in under twenty minutes and it made such an improvement in my daily life.

Organized Nightly Meal Provides Challenges With Daily Life Demands

As a busy mom, I have heard of “those other moms” that plan their menus out weeks or months in advance but I have to wonder what is is they do with the rest of their day if they have so much time to sit and read cookbooks and plan menus. I myself am buried under laundry, work, taxi driving the kids to various activities and trying to balance the family checkbook. Plan a menu for one week, let along a month seems like a challenge comparable to climbing Mount Everest, where would I find the time?

Innovative Cookbook Mini Magazine Makes Nightly Meals An Exciting Adventure

In 2003, a culinary master created a monthly food magazine that is designed in a similar fashion to the 5’ X 8” cookbooks. This monthly “cookbook” provides easy to create family recipes that are not only fun but creative. Each month provides new recipes, interesting facts about food preparation, storage and how to purchase quality items for your kitchen.

There are mini lessons on important cooking fact and kitchen practices, the types of obscure things that were common place years ago but that have been lost along the way. There are so many cooking skills that have become obsolete with the mass marketed products. Things like how to make real whip cream, what is the proper way to boil and egg, impromptu way to separate an egg when you need to, the list is endless. I purchased their first issue in 2003 and have kept buying them every since, now I have the entire collection in my pantry, using them as a reference guide, cookbooks and kitchen resource.

As a woman that went from cooking for one to cooking for four after marrying a man with two children, I know important skills from experience alone. Being in the kitchen trenches is not always easy but with the right tools, quality cookbooks and quality cookbook style resources, it is possible to win the nightly battle against that ugly question “What’s for dinner, Mom ?”


Labels:

0 comments:

Blogger Theme By:GosuBlogger and Araba Modelleri .